Standing four storeys high and recently-renovated, Akçe 6 has been returned to its original splendour. With its long windows and its cream and cappuccino façade this building is a striking example of Turkish architecture. Akçe 6’s structure has also been partially refortified during the renovation process.
Situated close to the Karaköy district, Istanbul’s financial centre, Akçe 6 is in a busy commercial area consisting predominantly of offices belonging to shipping companies, tour operators, customs brokers and small restaurants. It is very close to the Galataport Project – a multi-billion dollar 1,200m long regeneration of the quayside which will consist of a shopping mall, five-star hotels and room enough to dock three cruise liners simultaneously. This is an ideal area to acquire office or shop space.
Lying on the corner of Akçe Sokak and Necatibey Caddesi, Karaköy’s main thoroughfare, Akçe 6 is a perfectly-located commercial premises. Since the announcement of the Galataport Project the area has undergone a huge transformation. Big name construction companies are settling in the area and major investment is taking place. Consequently the area is expected to boom over the next few years. Being so close to Karaköy harbour it only takes 15-20 minutes to catch a boat to the Asian side.
- Kitchens cupboards and counters were built using first class materials.
- Kitchen and bathrooms: First class Vitra ceramic tiles used throughout.
- Sanitaryware: First class Vitra brand.
- Faucets : Artema brand.
- 1st quality laminate parquet used to floor offices.
- Wet plaster used on walls.
- Weight bearing systems of the building was partially refortified.
- Facade was restored to accord with original.
- Windows were replaced with PVC frame windows.
- New electrical system throughout.
- Satellite antenna system installed.
- Electric cables run through base wall channels, permitting the installation and
replacement of new plugs as desired.
- Telephone access on each floor.
- CCTV security system installed to ensure security of building environs.
- Aluminum radiators.
- Building utilizes Demirdöküm brand combination gas heating systems.
- New plumbing work throughout.